Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Long Pregnancy

On September 11, 2007 we toasted to 9 more months until we left for our trip. 9 months I thought, that's how long one is pregnant. But of course, you never find out you're pregnant right away, it usually takes about 6 weeks until you discover the moment that will change your life forever. You therefore only feel pregnant for about 7 1/2 months. So why is it that with 8 months to go as of today, I feel like I should have a potty trained toddler at this point.



Marty and I started in earnest planning this trip in January 2006 so we have been at it for 21 months. In all honesty, I am tired of planning and just want to get going. Not that we're ready mind you, I just want to be in a more active stage. I want to stop booking accomodations and start living in them. I want to stop researching VISAs and start using them. I want to stop reading about places to go and start experiencing them. Oh, well -- 8 more months to go!

1 comment:

Panic in New York said...

I am looking forward to following your wacky adventures. Meet you at the Eiffel Tower at noon.
Sean